We were delighted to secure a place in the final stage of The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2017, the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign.
The Big Give Christmas Challenge has now ended and donations are no longer being matched. However you can still donate to the iOi.
Why do we need your support?
Since opening the Imagination Lab this year, we have engaged over 15,000 children, families and schools. We want 2018 to be our biggest and best year yet, making even more impact on children and their families in our local community and beyond. Our ambition is to reach 30,000 children, parents, carers and teachers next year. But we can only do this with your support.
How will your donation make a difference?
- Donating £5 could provide materials for a child to prototype their idea at the Imagination Lab. With access to tools, experts and materials they can’t get at school or home… you never know, they could become the next great inventor!
- Donating £7 could provide a free place for a local child to experience the Imagination Lab for the first time, to learn new skills from coding to crafting.
- Donating £50 could cover the cost of a local child attending five Tinkering Club sessions – a safe space for children to access new technology, learn new skills and interact with experts.
- Donating £500 could bring a partner to the Imagination Lab with a cutting edge product or approach. We’ve already introduced children to 3D printing, virtual reality and robotics, what might be next?
- Donating £1000 would mean that we could deliver an Imagination Pod to an SEN school including providing vital training workshops for teachers and families to bring learning to life.
Thanks to generous pledges including our Big Give champion The Childhood Trust, donations will be double between 28 November and 5 December.
One donation, twice the impact.
Why choose us?
“We can’t predict the future, the opportunities and challenges it will hold, but we do know for certain that our children will have to live there and we want them to thrive.”
Gareth Binns, Chief Executive, Institute of Imagination
Rather than seeking to change the world, we recognise that the world is already changing at an ever-increasing pace. Our focus is on ensuring children are supported to develop the vital skills they will need to thrive in an uncertain future. That means creating a radically new approach to children’s learning and development.
Imagination is the cornerstone of creativity, problem solving and innovation. It is also the foundation for empathy and resilience. It’s an essential skill for life. Despite this, imagination is not being given the attention it deserves: this crucial skill is being overlooked.
The Institute of Imagination (iOi) is here to change that. We are a UK registered charity, which exists to create space for children to re-imagine the world. We are seeking to establish a new world-class cultural centre for imagination and to deliver thought leadership driven by our direct delivery and research.
So, how does it work?
- You choose the amount you would like to donate to the Imagination Lab as part of The Big Give Christmas Challenge, remembering that every penny donated through this campaign will be doubled (up to the value of £10,000).
- Between 12pm on Tuesday 28 November (#GivingTuesday) and 12pm on Tuesday 5 December make your donation online here.
Thank you from everyone in the Institute of Imagination team.
stay up to date